Friday, January 21, 2011

Dare I say I like it?

So, Thursday's class was really great. I am getting better at my postures, thankfully, and still committed to going as often as possible.  So far I have gone 5 out of 7 days and plan on going tomorrow for the 4:00 class with Ashley.  She wants to try it out.

I have come across some wonderful blogs and have spent a lot of  time reading through them, getting a feel for other perspectives of this thing we call Bikram.

I still cannot understand what it is about this concept that has me so motivated to participate.  90 minutes in a room heated to 105 degrees and 40% humidity is not my usual idea of something appealing.  Yet there is something about this that calls to me, captivates me, draws me in.  Hard to explain.  The heat, the silence, the dialogue the teachers use, the repetition is comforting to me.  Striving to better myself each and every session.

I wonder how long before my eyes will notice a difference in my body....my mind likes the places it goes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment