Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How to knit faster?

Ok, so I have spent the past 2 days researching knitting techniques. Not knitting, researching. I have no idea what brought this on. I just realized that I knit in a strange way. I hold my yarn in the continental style but I also throw my yarn in the english style.....can you just picture that? Strange, and time consuming.....I want to learn to knit faster, I want my projects to just fall from my needles......I have too many things cast on and I want to finish some of these things cause I want to start more things!!!!

I have been reading books by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (The Yarn Harlot)...she is such a great role model! And I happened to see a video of her on You Tube, the woman can knit like the wind (to coin a phrase from Cast-On the podcast)....I want that!!!!!!

If I am to get what I want I suppose I should stop researching and start knitting, huh?
Off to practice.....it's not going to easy or fun at first....I just hope it pays off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment